Sunday, July 18, 2010

Hunting for venues












With everything happening, Kaleb has since realised that there is more to 'getting married' than buying a ring and setting a date and turning up on the day. There's venues, guest lists, dresses, suits, shoes, food, decorations, photos, hair, makeup etc etc. He is being a trouper and putting up with it all, but it's really not his thing and I am learning to not chew his ear out about all my little (sometimes middle of the night!) thoughts and ideas. I really need to make some friends down here to talk to! Kaleb is glad that we are only getting married once and he is (at this stage) graciously letting me drag him around to find venues etc.

So we had earmarked this weekend to find a venue and set a date. Perhaps harder than we thought! I've always wanted to get married at paronella castle in innisfail...a bit far away so that one's off the cards. Roma Street parklands (where we initially wanted to get married) is incredibly expensive. Scratch that one. I don't deal with disappointment so well and it took me a bit to think of other alternative venues. Caboolture historical village stuck in my head (with the vintage theme and all) so I was super keen to check it out. Kaleb meanwhile had been to Centenary Lakes here in Cabbo and told me it would be a nice location. I still had the historical village on my one-track mind. So we made an appointment to check out the historical village today. My ever-wise bridesmaid Mim reminded me to check how dusty places are as I don't need to go into anaphylactic shock on my wedding day! The historical village is nice, quaint and small. Too small I think. The chapel would only seat 50 odd people.......my immediate family would have filled a quarter of the chapel! There was a cute bush chapel outside but it was even smaller. The grounds are nice, but very dusty. My lungs reminded me of this and I immediately lost my voice! I still like it there though and have asked for information on using it as a place to get wedding photos taken rather than to have the actual wedding.

Kaleb took me through Centenary Lakes on our walk home and after my inital processing time I think I've fallen in love with a new location. So maybe I fall in and out of love with these things too easily, but there is plenty of potential and some great spots for a vintage picnic reception. Maybe even a game oflawn boules after! Now we just need to ring the council tomorrow and find out cost and availability. Fingers crossed that it's third time lucky!

3 comments:

  1. Finding a venue is tricky- working out dates, so on and so forth. You are doing so well though, ticking off all the big items in the first few weeks! Means you'll have the last few weeks to sit back, relax and enjoy the leadup to your wedding.

    Ohhh! I'm just so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and that photo you have as your header is my favourite photo of Brisbane. I really want to blow it up on a huge, long canvas and hang it above my TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you saying that about my photo amy, sadly I don't think it has enough quality to be blown up, i think it would become very pixellated. I may play around with it and see for you! We have a MONTH just not dates! Not really sure what I need to do, flying by the seat of my pants, I never was the little girl who dreamed about weddings so its all new to me!

    ReplyDelete