Sunday, July 18, 2010

Planning a Wedding = stressful, tiring, fun and exciting all at the same time!

Who knew that getting married could be so stressful, tiring, fun and exciting all at the same time? So many decisions, so many choices, so much attention, so many things to think of, to do, to organise! A bit overwhelming initially, however after a bout of tears and Kaleb telling me that none of it matters and he'll marry me in his birthday suit to prove he loves me (I politely declined his offer!) I pulled myself back together and put on my 'Wedding Planner' hat and set to work.

A vintage picnic wedding has been my dream for a while, and with the help of my bridesmaid Sharnah and the expertise of my other bridesmaid Mim things are starting to happen! We have trawled wedding blogs, ebay and googled everything imaginable to come up with a colour scheme, styles and other ideas. I really want an elegant, exquisite and classy wedding but also have a very tight budget to stick to. Mim and I spent yesterday dress shopping, her from Gladstone and me here in Caboolture. Oh how fantastic the internet and phones are! We have now purchased my dress, Abbey's flowergirl dress and Sharnah and Mim's bridesmaid dresses all for approx $200 total. Boy are we good! We may not have a definite date or a venue yet, but we do have dresses and have found shoes we like! Nothing wrong with our priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment