Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Making invitations

Keeping himself amused at Spotlight





So we decided that it would be cheaper and more personal to make our own 'classic vintage' style invitations. Kaleb has been on board from the start and assured me that he wanted to be involved. So we set out to find some 'ingredients' to make invitations with. We trawled the reject shop, crazy clarkes, overflow, sams warehouse, big w and the scrapbooking shop. Now I must admit that I was adamant we wouldn't find anything at the cheap shops so I had to eat humble pie when we ended up buying crazy clarkes and sams warehouse out of pearlised cream and white cards! We decided to make the trek out to spotlight. It's a bit out of the way and not on a bus route and we still don't have a running car. I offered Kaleb to go to bunnings while I was in there but he wanted to be involved so he braved spotlight with tired and sick me! Poor Kaleb was so helpful and I was so indecisive. Let's just say Spotlight really isn't his favourite place to be and it shows how supportive he is! We came home with everything we needed and set to work making a prototype........12 cards in we realised we had noway near bought enough ribbon or lace and my loving, supportive fiancee ended up offering to go back to Spotlight the next day while I stayed holed up sick in bed. Did I mention that I love him? Anyway, the cards are looking gorgeous. Just wish I had more time to get them finished!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Kaleb -- this is precisely why Jason collaborated with a friend to get our invitations done! I can't even begin to imagine what he'd find to do with himself in Spotlight if I dragged him there!

    ReplyDelete