Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Proposal




So Kaleb and I have been together for almost a year and had been talking about getting married. We had talked about rings, we had even looked at rings and talked about getting married a little more; but as neither of us has a lot of money had just put the whole idea on the backburner. Or so I thought! Then Kaleb got a bonus payment and asked me to find out my ring size.......right about the same time my friends and I spy him walking out of the jewellers. Things were looking up!

So I knew he had a ring, and he had let it slip that it was 'one of a kind' and his mum had seen it and said it was beautiful, so now it was time to guess 'when'! Talk about painful! All of a sudden Kaleb gets romantic and starts asking me out on dates again.....we went on a mystery date to the Thai restaraunt. Surely this was it? Nope. Maybe I'm glad it wasn't the time Kaleb chose to propose to me, as the Thai restaraunt was playing a cd of classic 'breakup songs'.....

A week later we decided to go to Sizzler with Kaleb's mum and his brother to celebrate Kaleb and Jake's birthdays. Kaleb offers to say grace and starts one of those very long winded, yet well worded prayers. Meanwhile I'm thinking how out of character for Kaleb to be saying such a long and deep prayer while there is a whole smorgasboard of food waiting to be devoured, when right at the end of his prayer he says something along the lines of "and thankyou God that Vicki is going to say YES when I give her this ring AMEN". It took me until I opened my eyes to register what he'd said, and even then all I thought to say was "ooo its so pretty!" (because the ring is gorgeous and I couldn't take my eyes off it!) talk about leaving the poor guy hanging! When I remembered to say yes it was relief for poor Kaleb, congratulations, toasts and a big feed of Sizzler food! A great night, and a lovely proposal from my finacee!

2 comments:

  1. A Sizzler proposal. You found a real keeper here! Congratulations again Vic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thought all my gladstone friends would be impressed with the 'sizzler' factor! STILL waiting for one in gladstone! Now we have one down the road that I can actually smell on a sunday morning from the end of our street when we are walking to church! If that's not dedication (walking to church PAST Sizzler) i'm not sure what is!

    ReplyDelete